Cantina Sociale "Ai Vini delle Langhe", a winemaking co-op, was incorporated in 1904 in the city council room of Serralunga's Town Hall presided by Mr. Giacomo Oddero, a notary public and a youthful Alfredo Prunotto as a witness. Among those present at the ceremony were prominent citizens who made important contributions to the history of Alba and the surrounding communities, as well as many small local producers. The first harvest took place in 1905. Unfortunately the following years were burdened by an uncertain economic trend worsened by the effects of the First World War. On the deadline for renewal of the Cantina Social’s by-laws in 1922, many of its members changed their minds and no longer delivered their grapes to the co-op. The vintage was exceptional but was not abundant. The winery began to have serious financial difficulties and was put into liquidation.